- There are two separate tournaments. The Open for all players and Challenger for players rated below FIDE rating 2000
- FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- Both will be played using 9 rounds Swiss System, with standard time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move. . The pairing program to be used is Swiss Manager. Tie Breaks are in the order as follows: i. direct encounter ii. Buchholz, iii. Sonneborn-Berger, iv. FIDE tiebreak.
- The rounds shall be conducted according to the attached schedule.
- Five minutes before each round starts, the Chief Arbiter shall make the relevant announcements. If any player is not present within an hour after the round is started, he shall lose by default.
- FIDE regulations apply for mobile devices apply – a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone and /or other electronic means of communication in the playing venue.
- Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
PLAYERS WITHOUT A FIDE ID. NO WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.