- These are individual tournaments, open to all players.
- There are two separate tournaments. The Open category for all players and the second tournament which is the Challenger category for players rated below 2000 (FIDE ratings).
- FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- Both categories will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for both the Open and Challenger categories. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
- The rounds shall be conducted according to the attached schedule.
- Each player is accorded a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move.
- Five minutes before each round starts, the Chief Arbiter shall make the relevant announcements. If any player is not present within an hour after the round is started, he shall lose by default.
- FIDE regulations apply for mobile devices – a player is forbidden to have any electronic device not specifically approved by the arbiter in the playing venue.
- Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
PLAYERS WITHOUT A FIDE ID. NO WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.