3rd Johor International Chess Open 2016Download Prospectus
Venue: 36th floor, Johor Bahru City Square Tower ,
Jalan Wong Ah Fook, 80000 Johor Bahru, Johor , Malaysia
12th December – 17th December 2016
- These are individual tournaments, open to all players.
- There are two separate tournaments. The Open category for all players and the second tournament which is the Challenger category for players rated below 2000 (FIDE ratings) or 1850 (national ratings).
- FIDE (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations apply. Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- Both categories will be played using the Swiss System, with 9 rounds for both the Open and Challenger categories. For the pairings, a Swiss Manager program will be used.
- The rounds shall be conducted according to the attached schedule.
- Each player is accorded a time control of 90 minutes plus 30 seconds increment per move.
- Five minutes before each round starts, the Chief Arbiter shall make the relevant announcements. If any player is not present within an hour after the round is started, he shall lose by default.
- FIDE regulations apply for mobile devices apply – a player is forbidden to have a mobile phone and /or other electronic means of communication in the playing venue.
- Officials and players should be smartly attired at all times while in the playing hall.
PLAYERS WITHOUT A FIDE ID. NO WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Programme / Schedule
Day 1 (Monday, 12 December 2016)
1430 Final Registration
1500 Players’ Briefing
1530-1930 Round 1
Day 2 (Tuesday, 13 December 2016)
0900-1300 Round 2 1530-1930 Round 3
Day 3 (Wednesday, 14 December 2016)
0900-1300 Round 4 1530-1930 Round 5
Day 4 (Thursday, 15December 2016)
0900-1300 Round 6
Day 5 (Friday, 16 December 2016)
0900-1300 Round 7 1530-1930 Round 8
Day 6 (Saturday, 17 December 2016)
0900-1300 Round 9 1430 Closing Ceremony
|11th – 12th each||500||100|
|13th – 15th each||500|
|16th – 20th each||300|
|Best Veteran (>60) *||300||100|
|Age Group medals are for the Challenger only.
1st – 5th for each category.
Mr Steven Tel: +60167202272 Mr Dinesh Tel:+6014 6115256
Entry Fee (RM)
|Open||JCA Member 2015||Non-JCA Member|
|GM > FIDE 2400||FOC+Twin Sharing Room
|IM > FIDE 2300||FOC + Twin Sharing Room|
|Above FIDE 2300||FOC||FOC|
|FIDE Below 1800||400||700|
|Challenger||JCA Member 2016||Non JCA Member|
20% discount for all early entries before 1st October 2016
Closing Date: 6 December 2016
Registration and payment after the closing date incurs the payment of double the entry fee stated above.
CLICK HERE to register Online Registration
Registration to play is completed only after payment is made.List of Players registered online
Payment (by 8 December 2015) :
- RHB Bank Current A/C No. 20101700207247 (Persatuan Catur Johor/ Johor Chess Association) SWIFT Code RHBBMYKL
- Maybank A/C No. 001271103730 (Cheong KL)SWIFT Code MBBEMYKL
- Singapore DBS A/C No. 019-5-041904 (Cheong KL)
- Paypal account – firstname.lastname@example.org
The evidence of payment to be submitted to email@example.com
Players are required to budget for their own board and lodgings, as well as transportation needs. However Hotel rooms at package rate can be arranged through us . You may send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Baguss City Hotel: Shakira +6019-7731441 email: email@example.com
- JB Central Hotel: Steven Cheong email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions (Provisions) for titled player (GM, IM):
Hotel rooms are provided on a twin-sharing basis for the first 10 GMs with rating above 2,400/ IMs with rating above 2,300 that register and show confirmed flight details. In addition the first 3 GMs with confirmed participation will be given RM500 food allowance .
Category Prizes are given if there are at least 2 participants
The organizers reserve the right to change the rules and regulations without prior notice.